Flourless Honey-Almond Cake is the perfect dessert for Rosh Hashanah or any time of the year!
- 1-1/2 cups almond meal – I get mine at Trader Joes
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the paper.
- Beat 4 egg yolks, 1/2 cup honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl until combined. Add the almond meal and mix.
- Beat 4 egg whites in another large bowl with an hand mixer or whisk until white and bubbly but not stiff enough to hold peaks, about. 1 to 2 minutes. Gently fold the egg whites into the nut mixture until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan and gently remove the side ring. Let cool completely.
- Drizzle the top of the cake with honey and sprinkle with sliced almonds.