Nothing says fall like pumpkins and apples and all of the great foods you can make with them! Here is a simple recipe to make and enjoy.
Apple Pie Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 cups raw pumpkin seeds or pepitas
1. Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and cloves.
2. In a large, heavy skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat.
3. Toast seeds in skillet, stirring often, until golden and beginning to pop, about 4 minutes.
4. Stir in spice mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until spices are fragrant and nuts are coated well, about 1 minute longer. (Watch carefully to prevent burning.)
5. Immediately spread in an even layer on a baking sheet; let cool completely, stirring occasionally.
Note: To make it simple, buy an apple pie spice mix and add 2 Tablespoons or more to taste.