This ultimate summer dessert is light, delicious, and bursting with fruit.
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries or other fruit of choice
- 1 pint or 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar (more or less to taste)
- ½ cup blueberries, raspberries or fruit of choice for topping
To make whipped cream:
- Pour the heavy cream into the cooled bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip the cream over medium/high speed until it begins to thickened.
- Increase the speed to high and continue to whip until medium peaks form.
- Turn off the mixer and add the confectioners’ sugar.
- Whip again on low speed until the confectioners’ sugar is mostly combined. Increase the speed to high and whip until completely thickened and the mixture forms stiff peaks. Refrigerator until ready to use.
To assemble parfaits:
- Place a small spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom of each ice cream cone then add a small spoonful of chopped strawberries, pushing the berries down into the whipped cream. Continue to layer strawberries and cream until you reach the top of the cone with a cream layer – (two or three layers).
- Garnish with a raspberry and blueberries or fruit of choice.
- Makes 16 ice cream cones.