Pumpkin, the quintessential fall holiday symbol is also a wonderful food full of fiber, protein, and vitamins K and A. By alternating layers of pumpkin puree with protein-packed Greek yogurt, these beautiful parfaits are easy to prepare, slimming for your waistline, and full of nutrition.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup crumbled graham crackers (both plain or cinnamon work great)
- In a small bowl combine the pumpkin puree, cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice) and maple syrup.
- Crumble the graham crackers.
- Layer the graham crackers, seasoned pumpkin puree, and yogurt into four glass/see-through containers. Feel free to create the layers in any order.
- Optional: top with Honey & Cinnamon Pumpkin Seed Brittle (see following recipe)
Jeannie Solomon is an accomplished and well-respected certified nutrition and wellness coach at the PJCC who focuses on holistic nutrition and whole-body wellness, providing the guidance needed to pursue a healthy, nutritious lifestyle.