This is one of my favorite salads to bring to a BBQ or picnic. With only 130 calories per ½ cup serving and 6 gr of protein, this dish will be the hit with friends and family, who will be thanking you for bringing something healthy while they ask you for the recipe.
- 1 cup dried lentils
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- Place lentils in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water to 2 inches above lentils; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain well and rinse.
- Place lentils in a large bowl.
- Stir in onion and next 4 ingredients (through pepper).
- Add vinegar, oil and lemon juice; toss well.
- Serve at room temperature.